IMG-LOGO

Hundreds of police officers were deployed by PTI Govt to stop Jiyaalas. Why so much fuss was created by PTI for a simple appearance of Chairman Bilawal before NAB.


Today's Pick


Publication

SYED NASIR HUSSAIN SHAH VOWS SEVERE ACTION AGAINST WHOSOEVER INVOLVED IN TRAGIC INCIDENT OF BUILDING COLLAPSE AS HE OVERSEE THE RESCUE OPERATION KARACHI MARCH 05: Sindh Minister for Information, Local Government, Housing &Town Planning, Religious Affairs, Forest and Wildlife Syed Nasir Hussain Shah has said that severe possible action would be taken against anyone who was found to be involved in the tragic incident of a collapse of a residential building in Golimar. Provincial Information Minister said that Chief Minister Sindh Syed Murad Ali Shah had also taken immediate notice of the incident and sought a report from Commissioner Karachi and the concerned officers of the Sindh Building Control Authority. He said he would personally supervise the investigation of the incident. Syed Nasir Hussain Shah said this while visiting the locality of Golimar where the five-storey residential building fell on Thursday. The provincial minister for Information and Local Government said that rescue operations were started immediately after the incident and all the injured had been shifted to the hospitals where they were receiving prompt medical treatment. He said that the Sindh government was monitoring the treatment of the injured by itself, and it had been ensured that they received best possible medical treatment. Syed Nasir Hussain Shah during his visit to the spot met with the people and assessed the damages caused by the collapsed of the building. Talking to the media, the Minister promised a thorough probe into what he described as a regrettable incident and said that severe action would be taken against whosoever, be it officials of Sindh Building Control Authority or the Builder, was found responsible. Talking about the rescue operation, Sindh Minister for Information and Local Government said that all the relevant officials of the deparrments of Sindh Building Control Authority, Karachi Municipal Corporation, as well as officials fo Provincial Disaster Management Authority reached the spot immediately and rescued the people. The Minister said that the rescue operation would be completed soon. Syed Nasir Hussain Shah felt extremely sorry that the innocent lives could not be prevented, but he vowed that government would try to ensure that all those who were injured in the incident received proper treatment facilities, adding that it would also ensure that in future no such incident takes place anywhere. Responding to a question Syed Nasir Hussain Shah said that Sindh government was very serious that no illegal construction could be possible in Karachi. He mentoned that the officers of the Sindh Building Control Authority who had been removed from their service recently also linked to the same approach of the government. Responding to a question regarding the statement of Opposition Leader in the Sindh Assembly Firdous Shamim Naqvi, Syed Nasir Hussain Shah said it was a regrettable that the opposition leader was doing politics over an incident in which people had lost their lives and homes. He said that the opposition leaders should not see every incident from the point of view of politics, but rather they should support the government in order to take the plight of the people. HANDOUT ---208()

Handout

CONDOLENCE

06-03-2020

CORONAVIRUS

02-03-2020

CORRIGENDUM

06-01-2020

Chief Minister Sindh

Mr. Syed Murad Ali Shah


Minister Sindh Information

Mr. Syed Nasir Hussain Shah


Secretary Sindh Information

Mr. Ahmed Bakhsh Narejo

Sindh Government Contact Directory