Directorate of Press Information manages publicity of the Governor Sindh, Chief Minister Sindh, Provincial Ministers, Special Assistants to Chief Minister Sindh, Coordinators of Chief Minister Sindh, Chief Secretary Sindh, Inspector General of Police Sindh and image building of the activities of Sindh Government and its top functionaries. This Directorate is responsible for the coverage of endeavours of Government by posting Public Relations Officers with Ministers, Advisors and departments as well. It also maintains close liaison with media men and facilitate them in performance of their journalistic duties.
During Assembly Session, Press Conference, Press Briefings and Government Functions/Events.
It is also issues accreditation cards to media en after verifications from their respective organizations.
Brief Note About Directorate Information Sukkur
- Sukkur Division Consist of 4 districts i-e. Sukkur, Khairpur, Nausharoferoz and Ghotki @ Mirpur Mathelo.
- Sukkur Division is Historical Arco logical & Religious.
- Sindh Information Center in 1974. This Directorate was Change as
- Sindh Information Center establish in 1968 at Masoom Shah Minara at Sukkur.
- While Directorate of Information was shifted from Khairpur to Sukkur on 3.6.1974.
- After Devolution on 17.2.2002 this Directorate was change as District Information office Sukkru and still have same name.
- On 18.10.2002 it was Re-designate as Region Directorate of Infromation Sukkur Region @ Sukkur.
- In Sukkur Region 30 Daily News Papers, 17 Weekly newspapers are 1 Fortnightly and 2 Magazines are published in Sukkur Region.
- In Sukkur District 8 Press Clubs are working, in District Khairpur 45 Press Clubs are working.
- In District Naushahroferoz27 Press Clubs are working and in District Ghotki @ MirpurMathelo13 Press Clubs are working, inSukkur Region 340 Accreditation Cards for Journalist.
- We are issuing Handouts and to cover the all event of provincial Ministers, meeting of Divisional/ District Government Offices activities to Print & Electronics Media on daily bases.